Inspeed E-Vane Electronic Wind Direction Sensor
Inspeed's E-Vane Electronic Wind Direction Sensor
Inspeed's rugged and affordable E-Vane is a high quality, Inspeed-designed, Made In America wind direction sensor designed for accuracy and long life. Here are some features:
- Sensor type: non-contacting "infinite life" Hall chip
- 3-24VDC input, output proportional to the input and direction
- Zero deadband
- Mounting: vertical or offset bracket, or 1/2" tube mount
- Balanced - tolerant to non-vertical installations
- Unique locking feature so you can set "North" wherever you want
- Wire length: standard lengths or customized for you
The E-Evane wind direction sensor uses a Hall chip as the active element, with a magnet on the shaft that rotates directly above it. Unlike resistance-type vanes, the Hall chip is 100% non-contacting, so there is nothing to wear out over time. It also means zero resistance to rotation, so the sensitivity to wind direction changes is very high.
The electronic core of the sensor accepts 3 to 24VDC as input, with the output ranging from 5% to 95% of the input - with virtually zero deadband. And since you may want to set the minimum or maximum output at "North", there is a unique locking screw that allows you to stop the magnet and rotate the vane until the output is just right.
The vane is is balanced - which is very important for any installation that may not be 1100% vertical. Unbalanced vanes will rotate to where the center of gravity is lowest - and only the wind can move it away - a balanced vane always points in the proper direction.
And we do our best to provide mounting and wire lengths to best suit your application.