Inspeed Display Kits
Inspeed Anemometer Display Kits
We use bicycle speedometers for our display kits - for a few reasons:
- They have dual, simultaneous displays:
- 1: The current, instantaneous live wind speed
- 2: Options for Max, Average, and other readings
- They are inexpensive
- They are high quality
- They are battery powered, with auto-on and auto-off features to make the battery last as long as possible
- They update quickly - at least once per second, higher at high speeds
- The wire can be made very long (hundreds of feet) with no effect on accuracy or performance
...to name a few. The display kits include the following:
- The LCD display, calibrated to mph (can be calibrated to mph, kph, or knots - under certain conditions)
- The display mounting bracket, with high strength mushroom tape attached to the back
- Wires stripped and ready for attachment to the wind sensor, or, as an option, with a 1/8" jack connection for certain models
- An extra piece of self-adhesive mushroom tape to attach wherever you want to mount the display
- The display instructions (so you can access/set other functions if you want)
We currently offer 2 models:
The Cateye Velo7 - which is limited to 125 mph, and
The Sigma Sport MC10 - which works up to 200 mph
The display kits are available with bare wires or, optionally, a 1/8" jack connection (for use with the Inspeed Mag Mount or Flexwire anemometers).
NOTE: the display kits are designed for use with INSPEED REED SWITCH anemometers. The Hall sensor anemometers require external power to work (not included).
NOTE2: take care when observing the Average Wind Speed; for cycling, the average speed calculations stop when the wind speed is below 1 mph, so the Average will be incorrect if there were periods of no wind. There is a work-around - see the instructions!